The Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Irrigation (MWS) will be hosting the Kenya Sanitation Conference, whose theme is ‘Sanitation for All’ from 28th to 31st October 2019 at Kenyatta International Convention Center (KICC). This will be the first sanitation conference to be hosted by the MWS. The conference was envisioned off the Ministry’s mandate to develop and implement national policies and service provision, management of waste water and supportive infrastructure along the entire value chain for progressive realization of constitutional rights to reasonable standards of sanitation for all.
The overall objective of the conference is to enhance visibility of sanitation and provide a forum for exploring practical, sustainable and innovative solutions towards the containment, collection, transport, treatment, disposal, resource recovery and reuse of waste water in both rural and urban contexts. In addition, the ‘Iko Safi Innovation Awards’ will be presented in recognition of submitted sanitation solutions.
- To share and promote safe, practical, sustainable, scalable sanitation innovations, and ideas through peer discussions and technology exhibitions
- To enhance knowledge on sanitation issues by various stakeholders which can ultimately inform the development of appropriate national sanitation policy and strategies.
- To create a platform for engagement of local and international sanitation experts and movers, as well as from the Kenyan citizenry
- To provide networking opportunities for investments and partnerships on viable sanitation solutions
- To promote integrated sustainable solutions that can lead to the strengthening of appropriate strategies for rural and citywide planning in which no one is left behind.
- To discuss the countywide status of sanitation access in Kenya and discuss models for tracking progress
- To provide visibility to sanitation agenda, sanitation voices and enterprises.
For more information are registration visit: https://sanitationconference.go.ke/ or contact: Ministry of Water & Sanitation and Irrigation | Maji House, Community Area | Tel: +254 (0)20 4881044 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org